Get Back Doing The Things You Love
At Stevens Point Orthopedics, our highly skilled physical therapists are dedicated to providing the best care possible, to get you all the way back to the things you love.
Physical therapy plays an important role in preventing injuries and aiding recovery. We understand each person is unique, so our physical therapists customize a plan to help relieve your pain, improve strength, increase level of function, and prevent future injury.
Treatment can include functional resistive exercises, stretching, hands-on manual therapy, and other specialized modalities.
Achieve Your Goals
By reflecting the patient’s approach to therapy, we exhaust every avenue to successfully achieve individual goals. We treat everyone, from adolescents to adults, recreational to advanced competitive athletes, and surgical to non-surgical diagnoses. At any given time, it’s common for a patient recovering from a hip replacement to be working next to an athlete from a local high school.
Whether your goal is gardening, running a marathon, or getting back to the playing field, we integrate function into your therapy. Treatment sessions are varied, making each visit interesting and productive. The bright, energetic clinic space with state-of-the-art equipment creates a fun, positive atmosphere for each therapy session.
Partnering With Your Physician
Though you can receive treatment anywhere, our on-site physical therapy is designed to increase communication among your entire care team. Being partnered with your physician lets us ensure that everyone is on the same page. Our ultimate goal is to provide the finest, most professional care. Trust us with your physical treatment … you’ll know you’re in the right place!
Our Experts Are Ready To Help.
What to Expect
What to Bring to Your Evaluation Appointment
- Your ID and insurance information cards
- Your completed patient paperwork
- If you have one, your physician’s prescription for physical therapy
- Comfortable clothing that allows access to the areas being treated and for exercising
- Your preferred form of payment
During your appointment, your physical therapist will:
- Conduct a one-on-one evaluation. This will allow you to discuss your condition and any other health concerns.
- Explore your medical history, current pain or injury and the activities you are limited in.
- Take specific measurements of your posture, quality of movement, strength, and perform specific tests designed for evaluating your condition.
- Help you understand all of the factors that influence your condition and your specific physical therapy treatment needs.
- Set up a personalized plan of care to meet your goals.
- Provide treatment and education on the first day to get you started on your road to recovery.
- Formally write up their findings and treatment plan. This is to communicate to your primary care physician or specialist if one referred you.
- Provide you with a specific home exercise program.
After Your Appointment
- It’s normal to feel a bit sore from your first visit due to the physical manipulation and exercises.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions or discuss any concerns.
- You can schedule all future appointments of your agreed upon treatment plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear to my appointment?
How long will my appointment time be?
Will my insurance cover my physical therapy?
How much will I have to pay for physical therapy?
Will there be a co-pay?
Improve Your Athletic Performance
Movement Performance Lab
Bring your game to the next level with our new movement analysis system. Our trained clinicians work with you to unlock your performance potential, using high-speed cameras that break down your movements at up to 200 frames per second.
After gaining a comprehensive understanding of your performance history and goals, we record your movements and create a report. Sixteen sensors capture motion, and eight sensors monitor muscle strength. Combined, they form a digital 3D representation of your full body that gives the most accurate visualization of your mechanics.
This video and sensor data lets us detect inefficiencies which we can improve with corrective and strengthening exercises. We specialize in walking and running evaluations, but the system also captures high-speed motions like a golf swing or a baseball/softball pitch. Best of all, the system is portable, so we can bring it to where you practice.
D1 Sports Training
D1 has quickly gained the reputation as The Place for the Athlete. We provide trusted athletic-based training and sports-medicine services to athletes of all skill levels – and those who want to train like an athlete.
Our commitment to quality, athlete ownership, medical partners, and professional-level facilities have established D1 as a leading destination for world-class performance training. It’s the serious athlete’s choice for training and therapy.
At D1, we spend a significant amount of time training multiple athletic movements. At our state-of-the-art facilities – which include professional-grade turf athletic fields – we incorporate high-metabolic workouts to help with endurance, functional flexibility, strength, speed, and power development. This unique approach has helped us achieve rapid results for countless D1 members and pro athletes.
Learn more about D1 Sports Training
Two Convenient Physical Therapy Locations
D1 Stevens Point
5501 E M Copps Dr
Stevens Point, WI 54482
D1 Sports Training
Stevens Point Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
500 Vincent St.
Stevens Point, WI 54481