Get Back To Doing The Things You Love
Stevens Point Orthopedics’ highly skilled staff provides great physical therapy services to residents of Stevens Point, Plover, Wisconsin Rapids, Wausau, and surrounding areas.
Our physical therapists customize a plan to help:
- Relieve pain
- Improve strength
- Increase level of function
- Prevent future injury
… and get you all the way back to doing the things you love!
Treatment can include functional resistive exercises, stretching, hands-on manual therapy, and other specialized regimens.
Achieve Your Goals
Our patient-centered approach to physical therapy means we exhaust every avenue to help individuals achieve their fitness or rehabilitation goals, whether that’s gardening, running a marathon, or getting back to the playing field.
We treat everyone from adolescents to adults, surgical to non-surgical diagnoses, and competitive athletes to folks who like to take it easy. At any given time, a patient recovering from a hip replacement may be working next to a local high-school athlete.
We integrate function into your physical therapy. Treatment sessions are varied, making each visit interesting and productive. The bright, energetic clinic space with state-of-the-art equipment creates a fun, positive atmosphere for each session.
Partnering With Your Physician
Though you can receive treatment anywhere, choosing on-site physical therapy means you’re partnering with your physician to ensure that everyone’s on the same page. Our goal is to provide the finest, most professional care. Trust us with your physical therapy … you’ll know you’re in the right place!
Patient ResultsPatient Stories
“I thought my knee problems were beyond fixing, but Sheila is showing me clear ways I can move beyond knee pain and creating an exercise strategy that supports strengthening the muscles and areas that need it. I feel so hopeful and excited!!”
— Jean Breen
“Dan is the best of the best, literally! I’ve been seeing him for approximately 7 years now & refuse to see anyone else! He’s beyond educated and has gotten me back to where I needed to be faster than what doctors expected on numerous occasions!”
— Beth Wroblewski
“I have been a patient with SPO for a couple of years now. Everyone there is nice, helpful and cares about you and your symptoms. The physical therapy staff is top notch. I think they have some of the best doctors and surgical staff in the area.”
— Jonathon Shopinski
What To Expect
What to Bring to Your Evaluation Appointment
- Your ID and insurance cards
- Your completed patient paperwork
- Your physician’s prescription for physical therapy (if you have one)
- Comfortable exercise clothing that allows access to the areas being treated
- Your preferred form of payment
During your appointment
Your physical therapist will:
- Conduct a one-on-one evaluation, to discuss your condition and any health concerns.
- Explore your medical history, current pain or injury, and activities where you’re limited.
- Take specific measurements of your posture, quality of movement, and strength, and perform tests to evaluate your condition.
- Help you understand the factors that influence your condition and your specific physical therapy treatment needs.
- Set up a personalized care plan to meet your goals.
- Provide treatment and education on the first day to get you started on your road to recovery.
- Formally write up their findings and treatment plan, to communicate to your primary care physician or specialist, if one referred you.
- Provide you with a specific home exercise program.
After Your Appointment
- It’s normal to feel a bit sore from your first visit due to the physical manipulation and exercises.
- You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions or discuss any concerns.
- You can schedule all future appointments for your agreed-upon treatment plan.
Comfortable clothing is key. If your appointment is during work hours, you can bring clothing with you and change at the facility. If you do not have appropriate clothing, or forget to bring it along, SPO will provide options for you.
Please allow about 45 minutes for most visits.
Stevens Point Orthopedics Physical Therapy accepts most insurance plans and participates with many insurance providers. We recommend that you follow up with your insurance provider independently to ensure what your specific plan covers.
The amount paid out-of-pocket depends on your individual insurance plan and coverage. We’ll gladly verify your insurance and explain your benefits and financial responsibility before your first visit. If you don’t have insurance coverage, ask about our self-pay options.
Depending on your insurance, you may be required to pay a co-pay. You will be responsible to pay the co-pay at every visit.
Wisconsin Performance Institute
Bring your game to the next level with our movement analysis system. Our trained clinicians work with you to unlock your performance potential, using high-speed cameras that break down your movements at up to 200 frames/second.
After gaining a comprehensive understanding of your performance history and goals, we record your movements and create a report. Sixteen sensors capture motion, and eight sensors monitor muscle strength. Combined, they create a digital 3D representation of your full body and provide the most accurate visualization of your mechanics.
This video and sensor data lets us detect inefficiencies we can improve with corrective and strengthening exercises. We specialize in walking and running evaluations, but the system also captures high-speed motions like a golf swing or a baseball/softball pitch. Best of all, the system is portable, so we can bring it to where you practice.
Two Convenient Physical Therapy Locations
Stevens Point Orthopedics
500 Vincent St.
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Wisconsin Performance Institute
5501 E M Copps Dr.
Stevens Point, WI 54482