Name: Dr. James Banovetz.
Where are you from originally: Born in Minneapolis, MN and raised in DeKalb, IL. My family has been in WI since before the Civil War.
- College: Washington University, AB 1984 in Mathematics, minor in Spanish Literature.
- Medical School: Northwestern University, 1990, MD and PhD in Neurophysiology.
- Internship: University of Missouri, 1990-1991.
- Residency: University of Missouri, 1991-1995.
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, University of Iowa, 1995-1996.
- Board Certification: Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
Position: Orthopedic Surgeon.
Describe some of your job duties: Whatever Mary, Kari, Shelly, and Amanda tell me to do.
Favorite thing about working at SPO: Fantastic People, including partners, staff and patients! I like having the time and the freedom to do whatever is best for my patients, instead of what is best for some big hospital corporation.
Hobbies: Outdoor activities, woodworking, model building and reading.
Family: Wife Sheila, daughter Mary Beth (Kurt) Wagner, sons James, John (Adrienne) and Joe (Haley), and Grandson Charles Wagner.
If you could be any office supply item, what would you be? And why?: A paper weight, because I am solid, heavy, and unexciting…